If you’re styling your natural hair into a braided hairstyle or if you’re using additional hair to get the look you want to last longer, taking proper care of your braids is going to keep them healthy and looking good, capable of putting a smile on your face every time you catch a glimpse of yourself in the mirror.
The tips we have for you will help make your African hair braiding experience an unqualified success. You’ll 💖 your braids for months! And your natural hair will stay healthy and protected.
Tips For Maintaining African Braids
1. Watch your hairline: In case you’ve got fine hairs along your hairline, we recommend these should not be integrated to your braids. Leave your “baby hairs,” or “edges,” out of your braids to keep them healthy.
2. Wrap it up: Cover your braids with a silk scarf before you go to sleep at night, or use a silk pillowcase. This will prevent frizz and breakage, allowing you to keep your braids fresh looking so they last longer.
3. Wash it up: African braid styles are low-maintenance, but that doesn’t mean no-maintenance. You’re still going to need to shampoo and condition your crowning glory from time to time as needed.
4. Spray it up: In addition to regular washing, using a braid spray will help immensely in terms of preventing any itchiness. A quality braid spray will also give your braids a beautiful and vibrant shine.
5. Take them out on time: Wearing braids makes life so much easier, sometimes we may want to leave them in even after they have clearly passed the expiration date. This damages your hair unnecessarily.
African braids are so stylish and low maintenance they are easy to love. Use our tips to take care of your braids and you will be able to carry an African hair braiding style all year long.
Visit us today for the best hair braiding in Houston.
Wow African Hair Braiding & Salon
9817 Bissonnet St
Houston TX 77036